Sunday, May 15, 2011

Latest Naked Wing

Above is the GL1100I after some mods and paint, my daily rider for the past year. 10,000 troublefree miles, so far.

To the right is my '81 GL1100I, after losing the bags et al, and before new paint and seat, and wheels etc.
My latest project involves a 1977 GL1000, I picked up for less than $500, and have since spent many hours and $ building a custom bike. The idea was to create a naked wing, with the rear fender mounted on the swingarm, some custom bodywork and a nice paint job. Something that would be differentfrom other 'wings and still be a good ride on summer day.
This is a sneak preview of the "Yellow Jacket". Currently I am working on the engine and fuel injection system. More on this later. As can be seen, there are a number of mods on this bike, that I have not seen on a GoldWing. My objective is to have it up and running by this June.

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon this blog randomly in my quest for Naked Wing knowledge.
    Keep up the good work and come check out my naked wings!

    http://gnarlywrench.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete