Saturday, September 19, 2015

Has been a while since my last post, good news is I just got the FI running after a long delay. Here are some pictures.
 This is what the throttle bodies looked like in mockup.
 Bottom side of carbs with everything ground off.


 Using stock linkage, chokes have been decommissioned.


 These I had originally made out of a plastic, later had them fabbed of aluminum.




 TPS needed a place, drilled the throttle shaft, tapped it, then added a lever. Used a bit of conduit to make the housing, welded a couple of nut to hold retaining screws. A little JB weld, viola!!.

 Ready  for paint.


 I started out using injectors and fuel rail from a 2.3L mazda. Ended up purchasing aluminum fuel rail because it is easier to work. Kept the HI Z injectors.

 Vacuum ports on the bottom side.
 
 
 
 
 

So this is where I hope to go, low pressure turbo with FI.
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dean,
    you made the last post a long while ago- I hope you're doing well! I like your setup very much. Do you have the drawing of your injector caps? Would you share your wonderful idea with us? Did you finish the bike and how is riding it? Went the mapping well? Pls, let us know.
    Thanks in advance
    Karl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karl, Thanks for the interest, I used a mega squirt ecm, not much of a challenge, they have a self time function that works pretty well. As far as the caps go, if you look at the pictures the top is obvious, the potion that goes into the body extends to the roof of the throat, the injectors were eyeballs for the angle, such that the nozzle pointed at approximately 45° toward the intake. I made the hold downs from the original aircaps. I may have some better pics but not handy at this time. Ultimately there will be a T15 turbo mated to the bike, hince the EFI, for timing retard.

      Delete
    2. By the way, EFI, is a major improvement all around.

      Delete